Why choose Zakynthos for your holiday?
Zakynthos provides an ideal holiday location in the Greek Islands for all ages. Away from the hectic pace and responsibilities of everyday life at home, you'll find that the natural beauty of Zakynthos will provide great energy for reviving body and soul. The Greek island of Zakynthos, otherwise known as Zante, is an artists paradise.
Zakynthos is full of charm, colour, flowers, and fresh air, not to mention some of the most amazing beaches in the Greek islands.
When you open any guide book on Zakynthos, you’ll read the story of an island which has been home to many famous poets, artists and writers – an island often referred to as the ‘Flower of the East’. I am sure you’ll agree with me that Zakynthos is an island filled with magic!
Zante Holiday highlights for visitors to Zakynthos
- Enjoy absolute relaxation in Zante, but you can head into busier Zante resorts if you want a bit of a holiday buzz!
- You can explore the wonderful beaches and coastline of Zakynthos
- There are plenty of affordable Zante boat trips on offer, to great locations such as the famous ‘Shipwreck’ at Navagio Bay
- Wander round the picturesque towns and villages in Zakynthos, enjoying traditional Greek Island charm
- Discover the history and culture of Zante in wonderful museums and churches
- Learn about Caretta-Caretta Loggerhead sea turtles, the symbol of the ecology of Zakynthos
- Enjoy traditional Greek cuisine, fine wines and locally produced cheese, olive oil, raisins, and sweets
- Enjoy evening entertainment, including traditional Greek dance, bouzouki and song. Traditional Zakynthian serenades, known as “Kantades” provide really special evening entertainment, in selected locations around the island.
- Enjoy a great selection of things to do in Zante including great boat trips to the Blue Caves, Shipwreck beach and Zante turtle spotting trips